Wednesday, May 4, 2011

New Day

Robin Williams Walk of FameImage via Wikipedia
I have to work on getting out there for some bloggable info.  Today, we took the baby for her check up and got the lil ones off to school.  Ty Ty and I have returned.  The sun is shining and  I'm already thinking of nap time.  I've got a sitting assignment for a few hours this evening so a nap may do me some good.  Wednesday is a good start day for everything but not if I'm exhausted.  
I was reading about people riding bicycles as transportation and it made me think.  I don't know too many people who I could imagine on a bike.  Or worse, I can imagine it and it's not good.  Weaving and splattering all over the road.  I used to ride my bike quite a bit (before it got stolen).  I rode it on quiet bike trails, on the side of neighborhood roads, side walks, parking lots and other slow casual slow moving areas.  I really wouldn't ride on a main drag myself.  I know most that do ride there really shouldn't.  Even certain bike trails are dangerous.  You have to cross busy roads and there is absolutely no slowing down where you cross.  None.  The cars just seem to want to hit you.  
I've seen bike lanes in other places but even they look scary.  
I heard about Robin Williams getting pulled over for the sidewalk deal.  I read all the comments from people agreeing about the no sidewalk rule.  HA, I guess you have to ride faster than I would.  I'm pretty sure the walkers would pass me.  
It has to do with how rude a person is.  I tend to yield the right of way and even forfeit my own for safety's sake, but a rude prick is a rude prick on wheels or not.  So there it is.  
lol I could see the headlines now if I grabbed my purse, got on my bike and said "Well, I'm off to work. See ya later."  If I seen 'em, it would probably be from a hospital bed.  
But that's just me, I suppose.  
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment